Cannabis Infused Gingerbread Cookies
These gingerbread cookies are soft and sweet and bursting with spicy ginger. The addition of cannabutter makes these medicated cookies a delicious way to cure what ails ya’. You can adjust the potency by replacing some of the cannabutter with regular butter. If you want these more potent you can skip the cannabutter and add a gram or 2 of cannabis oil to regular butter and sugar before creaming.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup cannabutter – softened (or 1-2 grams of cannabis oil / distillate)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- Additional sugar for rolling
- In a large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients
- Cream the cannabutter and white sugar until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add the orange juice and molasses and blend until well incorporated.
- Add in the dry ingredients a little at a time and mix until just combined.
- Transfer the dough to a large sheet of wax paper. Use the wax paper to roll the dough into the shape of a log about 2 inches in diameter. This will make portioning much easier.
- Refrigerate the log of dough for 2.5 – 3 hours until firm.
Time to Bake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 C.)
- Put about ¼ – ½ cup of sugar onto a small plate
- Unroll the dough and slice into disks about a ½ inch thick.
- Dredge each cookie dough disks in the sugar, covering both sides and the edges
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the cookies on the tray about 1 inch apart
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on thickness
Store in an airtight container in a cool dark place and these cookies will last about 2 weeks. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Feel free to adjust the cookie size to better suit your dosing needs. If you know the THC percentage of your starter material, it’s a simple task of division to determine how much is in each cookie.