If you love those Lara bars and want to step it up a notch, you have come to the right place! These delicious bars are made with only 4 ingredients. You can experiment with these and a few other ingredients to create new custom treats! You can use different nuts, peanut butter chips, shredded coconut, the possibilities are endless!
- 4 cups pitted dates
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 grams decarbed kief or 4 grams ground AVB*
- *For chocolate brownie style, add ¼ cup cocoa powder
*To decarb your kief, place it in a glass dish, cover tightly with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 240 degrees F. for 1 hour. Allow to cool completely before removing foil. If using AVB (Already Vaped Bud) this step is not necessary as it has already been decarbed.
- Line a 9-inch x 13-inch cookie sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper. Cut the paper to be about 6 inches longer than the pan so that when centered about 3 inches hang off each side
- Using a food processor, give the almonds a few quick pulses until they develop a coarse, chunky consistency
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse again once or twice to mix. Remove from the food processor and set aside.
- Add the whole pitted dates to the food processor and process until the dates form a paste (add the cocoa here a little at a time if making the chocolate version)
- Toss in the decarbed kief or AVB and process well to evenly incorporate
- Add the nut and chocolate mixture and process until well blended
- Using a spatula, scrape the contents onto your prepared pan. Using the spatula or your hands, firmly flatten the mixture evenly onto the pan
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before slicing to allow the bars to set
- Cut into the desired number of pieces for your desired potency**
**For example: using 2 grams of decarbed kief this recipe will contain approximately 1000 – 1200mg of THC. This would make 20 bars @ 50-60mg each as a rough reference. The final potency of your product will be entirely based upon the THC percentage of your starter materials.
Store in an airtight container between layers of parchment paper to keep the bars from sticking together. Keeps in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks and can also be frozen for longer term storage.